Friday, October 30, 2015

She transformed the day she became a mother (Story of Transformation 12)

Being a mother is not what you gave to have a child, but what you have gained from having one.

Girl with evergreen smile, Sita Katwal
Recently, I met her after approximately two years. She, a carefree girl who used to love shopping, chatting and talking aloud. We used to be room mates. Oh, not only room mates we were more than that. Working at the same place and also staying together, we used to be together 24/7. I must say her company never bored me. Her laughter was so loud that it used to fill the room. I guess even the people next doors used to listen what we used to talk about. So, loud she was. Always holding her cell phone with her, she was always ready to receive the call. She used to scold every other day to her best friends if they miss any of the days to call her.

When I met her this time, she was holding her two months son on her lap and trying to make him sleep. Yes, I could see her big wide grin in her face just as before when we used to be together, 
Apart from that, I found so many things have changed. She has grown a lot, much more matured. In short, she has transformed a lot. 
Aatharva, Sita's sweetheart
I noticed how carefully she was handling her child. She was no more care free; the way she was touching her child, dealing with him… ahh…I was overwhelmed to see that. I had never thought that she would be so…so careful in any thing. (I really mean it as she was so careless about most of her thingsJ)
When her baby had a short nap, she was so desperate to share her feelings about the day she became a mother.  "Bhawana di…kasto garo bhayo tyo din" (Sister, it was too difficult to give him birth).  yeah, it would definitely have been difficult for her as she had to wait for unsuccessful long hours for normal delivery and then had to be operated. She remembers that it was her most rewarding as well as her most frustrating experience. How much painful the day had been of her son's arrival, she has never stopped feeling content these days. She shares her life has a purpose now. "Whatever I do, I think of my child. I think the pros and cons even when I eat as my son will be affected." she shares so joyfully.
Our moment...
To my surprise, she has her cell phone, but she doesn't care much. She now can be found apologizing to each and every one for not being able to receive the call as she was busy with her baby. With more joy and laughter after the birth of her son Aatharva, my soul sister Sita is enjoying her unique time of her life- motherhood. I could see she had not just given birth to a new life, but she had gained a rebirth of herself. I was so surprised to see, how she had grown up so quickly. A girl who never cared about how her day after would be, was now already being concerned about her child's school, which really had some years.
Even in that short meeting, I could touch her fleshy but beautiful hands and feel how well she has been able to manage her plump body, which she hated before. I could smell the warmth she showers to her baby. I could hear her babbling talk with her son. I could feel her happiness. All in all, I could realize how changed she is now.
I still remember how she used to exclaim, "didi mobile bhayena bhane ta ma k garchu hau?"( I would I live without my mobile phone?) And today I could see how she had overlooked her mobile phone.
Looking at her, I can surely say that being a mother is the most amazing transformational experience a woman can ever go through. 
I just wish she would keep on growing as a mother and may always lead a content life. I only think one thing she should not change about her, that is her big bold laughter. It inspires others to laugh in its own unique way. Others I won't mind whatever she changes. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment