Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our Shared Dreams


Bald head, black mask, thin body and black complexion, this was how I had seen her for the last time before she had left to Bharatpur once again, for her treatment. This was not on her real identity. She used to have a very long and thick hair, which I used to play with all the time. I loved her hair so much as I didn't have such hair. She was plump shaped, so Bijay sir used to call her 'Taison', a wrestler.

She was my best friend whom I used to meet every day even to share some small news and she was the only one with whom, I was so open. But that day I was meeting her nearly after four months and I can't express how did I survive for those four months? I felt that I was in solitude.  But, that departure was necessary as I could see that she was suffering terribly and doctors had told that she would get well only after her treatment could be done in Bharatpur. At that time, I wasn't mature enough to understand that why people are taken to Bharatpur and why my strong friend was being so thin day by day and why her beautiful, thick and dark hair was falling from her head?
 I had no idea.
 I only had the hope that she would return for me. She would return for our shared dreams and she would return for my company as I literally had no one beside her. And I was eagerly waiting for her arrival.
That day we stayed together and ate together. She didn't eat anything except her avocado fruit juice. I asked her to take out her mask from her mouth so many times but she didn't. I was so desperate to see her face as I hadn't seen her smile for four months but she didn't want to show that to me. That day we talked about so many things once again. I was very happy once again.
She used to love reading and writing literature. Though she wasn't good enough at studies, she was too good at literary writings. I still remember her poems and songs. That day again, in her sore voice, she sang her best song "Laure dai le pardesh bata pathayo khabara" for me. I knew that was difficult for her but she sang for mine happiness and also for her own happiness. After singing the song, she unfolded the pillow and showed me some letters of her pen friends and asked me to read those letters for her.  I read it and she reveled that she was there only for two days and she was there because she wanted to meet me. She again had to go Bharatpur the next day, so if she would not come with in one month next time, she told me to come there and take out those letters and sent reply to her friends as she doesn't want to make her pen friend feel that she betrayed her.
I stayed with her that day also and the next day after giving me a warm, tight hug she headed towards Bharatpur for treatment and I returned my home. I was eagerly waiting for her. I was eagerly waiting for her call as she used to call me instantly as soon as she returned. It was already one month and I didn't get any call. So, I called myself but no one picked up the call. My tension was rising, but I had no any option to do rather than to wait her call.
After two days, my mom desperately called my name after returning from school and gave me the news that Shova, is no more. She is no more in this world. I couldn't believe my ears. She had promised me that she would come back. She can't leave me. We had so many plans to do after our SLC. 'NO' 'NO' she can't leave me alone. I took my bicycle and cycled towards her house. I don't remember how the way was and how I reached. But when I reached there, the scene was tragic. Everyone was crying. I went near aunt and asked about her. She didn't say anything just remained as a statue whose eyes were filled with tears. Now I was sure, that she has really left me. But, how can she leave me?
I don't believe that she would leave me without meeting me once. I don't believe that she dared to do that. After sometime aunt conveyed that, Shova desperately had a desire to meet me. When the doctor informed her that she was in the last stage of cancer and isn't going to live for more days, she started to write a letter for me. And she had her last wish to meet me. But the God played the role of villain and took her breath just before the day she was going to be discharged from the hospital. Then, I asked for the letter that she had wrote for me, and that also I couldn't find as it was misplaced during the course of her funeral. It was the saddest day of my life. It took me years to get out of that loneliness. Though I am with so many friends physically now, by heart I miss her and I hope she is still somewhere near by me and watching me.

So, today, I want to wish her a very happy birthday.
I hope that someday I will be able to fulfill her dreams. The dreams that she wanted to fulfill, the dream that she had for herself and the dream that she had for me. One day I will fulfill our shared dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment