Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lullaby

"We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here Now with the power to shape your day and your future." (Steve Maraboli). But sometimes the power is external and who can empower you better than your mom? I get my empowerment from my mom too.  My mom empowered me then and even now. The feeling below was when I first was out of my home for the first time in my life, four years back and even when I read this, I feel empowered.

I know you love me and I love you
But look the fate I have to be far from you

I miss your lap
Oh, mom even I miss your slap
The every penny that you would had
To fulfill all the dreams that I just had
I remember most of the times, you would roar
Even for the dresses I would wear

You scolded me but at the same time you folded me

When I had pain, when I would restrain
For the small success that I would gain

But this cruel destiny, could not bear it
He acted well to tear it
I had to go far away from you,
Very very far away from you
And with tears on your eyes you bid me saying good bye
Me even with tears waved my hand with a reply
“mom I love you" 
my mom there on the door, making the voice low
answered back
"I love you too.”





No comments:

Post a Comment