Saturday, February 21, 2015

Letter to humanity

Dear humanity,
I had the opinion earlier that you are there inside the heart of every people. So it wasn't necessary to go to everyone and ask if they have you inside them or not. But a recent incident made me realize that I must search you. Are you alright? Or, have you become sick? Or, where have you been? Are you fed up with the people of this earth and have already left this planet? Or have you diminished your quantity so that you are not being able to be in everyone's heart as the population is increasing day by day?
I think I don't have to mention that I lost my close friend in a recent accident at Babarmahal, Kathmandu. I think I don't have to mention his name to you. If you have the habit of reading newspaper, I think you know about the accident. Oh! How can I forget, that now it's the time of Facebook. I guess you too have an account on it. So, I am damn sure that you must have seen some great shots of the accident scene of the spot. So, I am talking about the same ill-fated person.
I first thought that I shouldn't write to you, it may seem like a complain. And if you shared this letter to anyone they would obviously think that I am writing this because I am being biased as he was my friend. Okay, I do agree when I am writing this I am not thinking about the structures nor about the rules of composition; accuracy, balance and credibility. For the first time when I got the news that he died on the spot. I could hardly believe it. Then I thought it may have happened as many people have died the same way. Still the time, when he was there burning on the pyre at 'Pashupati Aryaghat' I was thinking it's the God who did this. It was HIM who is always in search of the good persons for his service at heaven. So he took him away.  I was convincing myself.
Then the next day, when I was a bit on my senses, I tried to find out actually what had happened. How did it happened then I found out it was not God who did this but it were you. When the accident happened he hadn't died then on the spot. He was crying a lot and asking for help. Everyone gathered there with in a moment but no one dared to take him to the hospital. He had a severe head injury but still he was strong enough to be in senses and ask for help but there was no one. Everyone was busy taking photos and videos at that moment. I guess the photos got uploaded on the Facebook and got circled on the twitter much before he was taken to the hospital. I don't have any complain with them as well as it is the time of social media. I think everyone had already started to pray for his life then. But there on the busy road, all covered in blood my friend was asking for everyone to save his life.
Oh, why should I complain the common people, they are the peddlers who have their busy schedule?There was traffic police, but he too was eagerly waiting for the ambulance which arrived in fifteen minutes times, which definitely is a short period but if he had shown his little effort my friend would have got the bed of hospital even earlier than that as the hospital was not much far away from the accident spot. I can understand him also as there was the fault of my friend as he was on the bike which had broken the traffic rule and hit an old man. So may be he was angry with the issue, but my question is he could have gone for the punishment procedures after saving his life.
Thus, when peddlers are correct, when traffic police is right in his own way and when God was doing his own job of trying to take him away, dear humanity you tell me whom I should blame at this moment? You are the only left one. I don't know if you have any issues with my friend because as far as I had known him he hasn't killed even an insect. Also, how did you forget some years back in Biratnagar when, one person was like in his condition, he was the one to give his hand forward and take him to the hospital in time and able to save his life. So didn’t you feel that you should pay for that as well if you simply believe in the balance sheet? Or, didn't you know that he was planning to open an orphanage and an old age home? Or, didn't you know that each day walking through the street he used to help those who were in the tragic situation begging beside the street? Or, didn't you know each time in his conversation he used to remember you?
So, it's your fault humanity that you were busy on other stuffs during that hour. As you have not taken his life but because of the incident his mother hasn't gained senses yet. It's your mistake. I lost my friend. I can handle it. We know that our mom will also gain her senses soon as we will take care of her. But my concern is now please don't do this to any one. Be there on time. If you are being so busy please hire attendants for your help. But please be there on time where someone is calling you for help.
I hope you will do care on this now on ward. I don't want any reply from you but I want, it to be executed. I don't want to hear any other news having the same tragedy. Last but not the least, if you are sick, get well soon.

Your's sincerely
Bhawana Shrestha

No comments:

Post a Comment