Monday, May 16, 2016

Where the joy resides...

No, I don't remember much. I can't remember numbers. I find difficulty remembering names. Sometimes I remember just the faces while sometimes I remember just the incidents with no names or faces. When my friends share so many interesting incidents of our childhood, I wonder was I there? I feel memories love staying away from me.

I know keeping things in mind is difficult for me, thus I am thankful to Dr. Spencer Silver who attempted to develop a super strong adhesive but accidentally created sticky notes. Yeah! Serendipity. Wow! I remember the theory of serendipity. All thanks to Dr. Rajiv Subba sir. Few months back, I was lucky to be in one of his sessions. Sorry, I don't know the date.

I sometimes, think that I have a withered brain. Nevertheless, even in my shrunken memory there are some beautiful memoirs. I remember the day when my brother was born. I still can feel that joy when I first touched his chubby cheeks. I remember carrying him for the first time. Whenever I see a child crawling, I feel like it is my brother creeping. I still remember our fights for the broken glasses. My brother has grown tall, actually taller, but I still see him a child.

Few days back, we had a big fight.

“Of course, it was his mistake.”...

“Oh! Oh! Sorry. I forgot. It was mine mistake.”

He was expecting a call from me but I forgot to do so.

“Yeah, absolutely, I was busy.”

“He is such a child, what’s so big issue on that?” Yeah! I thought the same. After few minutes of our fight, I was so fresh and lively. I felt that was what I was missing in my life: that reminder that there
is someone who loves me more than any other in this world. He, whom I can rely on, almost for everything. He, who fights with me for so many small things but whenever I am sad, he is the one who is ready to fight with the world for my happiness. I realized I had forgotten to smile. With his
fight, he brought a huge upward curve on my face.

With the endless parade of work, cleaning, cooking, doing assignments, and many other petty and big things, I felt I was starting to live a life forgetting to live. I had ended up caring for my loved ones and myself. I had forgotten leading a happy life; appreciating moments, sharing joys.
Happiness lies in small things. I found happiness fighting with my brother. No, once again, I do not remember the date but yes, I remember our grumbling on the other side of the phones. Yes, I remember to smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment