Wednesday, August 18, 2021

If only you could...

                                                                    I wonder why don't you see 

yourself with my eyes,

If you do, you would see

the maddening soul

that won't need any substance to feel high.


I wonder why you don't hear yourself with my ears.

If you do, you would listen to

the intelligent heart

that needs no validation, 

external for that kickstart.


I wonder why you don't touch yourself with my hands,

If you do, you would feel

how warm and cosy you are,

you yourself would feel.


I wonder why don't you smell yourself

with my nose.

If you do, you would smell the perfume of belief that emirates

in each air that you breathe. 


I wonder why don't you taste yourself 

with my tongue.

if you do, you would taste

the recipes that life has 

made for yourself. 


I wish I could say this to you

every time you are down,

trodden and devasted. 

I wish I was that close to you.


Alas, I scroll down that comment button with the hope that

someday my feed would revisit a glorious post

made by you that has hope, belief, happiness, and victory. 



No comments:

Post a Comment