Friday, August 13, 2021

The First Kiss

 You tasted like brown sugar

Yes, brown sugar, milder to the lips 

deep molasses flavor to my tongue tips

like a perfect crystalized toffee

you smelt like a mixture, yes a mixture of rum and cigarette

irresistible and creamy, but just 

right enough to make it dreamy.

You touched me warm, yes warm like an old handwoven
sweater

thin in layer but thick enough 

to exfoliate my dried flair

I saw you me, yes me

who is intertwined with hope and fear

and heard your heartbeat

like a murmur soft enough to calm 

your breath but heard enough to 

stop the fluttering of my pounding heart.

Hey you, can you believe 

I can still feel you in my lips, tongue, eyes, ears, nose,

and in my every single breathe, 

our first kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment