Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trekking to White Gumba

Henry David Thoreau rightly said, "The man who goes alone can start today; but who travels with another must wait till that other one is ready."  
I wanted to travel today, but no idea where to go, so thought to take the help of brother of all 'Google dai' . Since, I was constrained to choose a place, as I had only one day leave. So searched some nearby places of Kathmandu. Among that 'White Gumba (Monastery)' interested me.
In a website there was information that located at Ramkot in Kathmandu, the monastery is famous for Tibetan culture and architecture and the important thing was it would open for public only on Saturdays. 
"Thank God, it's Saturday," I said to myself. Then called, some of my friends if they would be interested to join me. None of them were free or let's say not so interested in walking so long as we had to walk from Sitapaila to the Gumba. I thought to go alone but was worried as I had no exact idea of how long the journey would be and walking alone a long way would be really boring, then I remembered Barun, he is the only one who can be easily convinced if something is emotional. :) (Sorry Barun, I manipulated you, but I know you enjoyed the journey). It nearly took me half an hour to convince him but finally he was ready. So we trekked together up to the hill and reached there in approximately one hour 15 minutes from Sitapaila, only to know that Gumba was badly damaged by the earthquake and was closed for public till it was reconstituted. Though I couldn't enter inside, I really enjoyed the walk today. 
I went with all my heart and really enjoyed the travel. 
Here are my memoirs of the journey in these photographs. 
Started walking from Sitapaila

Rested on the mid way

Short water brake

Yeah, I photobombed his selfie :)

Just before climbing the hill using the shortcut
Enjoying the scene of Kathmandu 

Finally reached up there, somewhat sad as couldn't go inside

Had a good time pass, enjoyed chatting with him

Cute little 'muntalas'

Rested on the way while returning

Prayer flags of the Gumba

Had fun on the way, tried to pluck that leaves, but couldn't haha

Houses on the way

Though I couldn't go inside, I have the picture of the Gumba
extracted from Google for you all. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment