Thursday, April 21, 2016

I was in LOVE Once Again

I was revisiting my papers. I guess, I had reread it more than hundred times. My research paper was due the next morning. I have been researching on life and hope. Oh! How pathetic, trying to uncover the paradox.
My mother entered the room with a cup of coffee. That was the tenth time she was serving me from morning till now. She glanced all around my room but didn’t yell. Sheets of papers were scattered here and there. My mother has stopped yelling at me long back; maybe since the day I started earning.
“Have you finished yet?” she asked in a very mild voice. Her mildness didn’t touch me. I didn’t bother to respond.
Mom left the room and I was there all on my own once again. I stood up and sat against my window. Through my ancient and small mullioned window, I can see the gigantic and dazzling city.
Peeping through the casement has become my daily schedule and I have gradually started to fall in love with this crowd.
I feel fortunate those days when I can watch the beauty of morning slowly being faded by the stretching and yawning sunlight. I enjoy the reality that it’s not only me who is lost in this brightness.
Today was one of those lucky days. I love to find that I am the one among those who wane during the rays and finally get defeated at night.
I was on a roller coaster ride of my thoughts when my coffee mug started shaking. My research on hope started soaring leaving me anxious. Was I the only one shuddering? I turned to glance once again through my windowpane and found that tall Dharahara, the symbol of old yet modern city crumbling down.
My mom was yelling my name outside my locked door.

Bowling…. Howling…. Wailing…. Yelling….

In the middle of it all, the loudspeaker planted outside the church next door roared its final cry “Where is The Hope When Death Knocks on the Door?”

When my hands instantaneously clutched the window frame, I realized I was in love once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment