Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Embracing her...

I never had the dream of becoming a doctor in my life; but today when she was crying with pain, I regretted for not opting the profession as the incident that happened today made me helpless on the situations what was going in front of me. 
Our school had just started and it was the time of meditation. When the environment was so peaceful suddenly I heard Seetu calling me and found that one of the students of her class was shivering and was crying for help. She was not being able to breath. Both of us took her out of the class and led her to the staff room. Both of us had little idea about what to do. We started helping her to breath putting our hands on her chest and asking her to breathe patiently but it was not working. She had started to lost her senses. Her hands had started to become cold and suddenly she crept so bitterly raising her hands and saying that she is having an unbearable pain in both her hands and her heart. Now, it was too difficult for us. We rubbed her hands, feet and her head. We did what ever we could but her condition was not getting better. Surbir sir was ready with his bike to take her to the health post. We had to take her out of the staff room and led her to the health post. Seetu and I carried her and took her on the highway. We were so nervous that we had forgotten to put on our shoes. On the same mode, I helped her sit in the bike and then held her and went to the hospital. 
By the time, we reached the hospital, her condition had gone more worse. This had made me more nervous. I took her into the emergency room and in a moment four health workers surrounded her, some putting the mask in her nose, some taking her blood and others I don't remember. I was there standing beside the bed holding her hands which had now become much colder than before. I wasn't being able to think and then suddenly I didn't believe my ears when he said to stop shivering and behaving like that otherwise he would put a pipe in her vagina. 
Why did he say so? Was it necessary? I didn't want to judge it. Was it necessary to threaten her in such circumstance? I didn't know may be it was the word what she needed at that time. The doctor repeated the same phrase time and again. After few minutes she started to breathe normally and it gave me a little hope. Then doctor told me to go out of the room. I went outside but was still listening what they were saying. They were saying that she had some psychological issues. She may be going through some stress and had problem in breathing. After a while the doctor came and told the same thing to me that I had already overheard. Suddenly I heard her crying bitterly expressing all her sorrows about her fear, about her study, friends and family. 
I just embraced her and wiped the constant downpour from her eyes. At that time I remembered my mom, how she used to embrace me when I used to be sick. I missed her a lot. After some time the doctor discharged her just saying that she needs to take rest and should be free from any kind of stress. After sometime Ramesh sir came to take us and we returned to the school. 

The incident left me with lot of questions and realizations as well. Though the incident was terrifying at first but later I remembered Shisir dai saying two years fellowship is not long; one year is not enough to bring change. Yes, it's true. If we had worked only for one year we would only be able to know the context but we would never be able to see the change that our children are going through; their change in attitude, behavior, psyche. It's so difficult to understand what a child is thinking at the moment, what he or she is going through, how he is changing his behavior and all the other positive and negative changes. 
Working with them has now made me know the way they change and think but has left me with so many questions. I want them to be answered. Now I want to learn more about it. With in these months I already had grown the desire of learning about the educational psychology; how the children grow and learn and today when I was embracing her my thirst of learning on this issue enhanced even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment