Friday, November 7, 2014

Student Life

(Romanticism says 'poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings.' Recently I tried to take out the same powerful feelings of my grade seven kids and what came out from them was really surprising. Yes, every child is unique and with it unique are their feelings. While sharing their feelings, one of them expressed his feelings in the following lines. This will really make us visualize our current education system. I am confused whether I should mention his name or not. That's why this time I am not mentioning his name here.)


Sometimes I think my life is a labor
I should listen the stupid words from teachers, parents and others. 

They tell me I cannot get success in my life. 
I cannot pass my exam. 
Sometimes I think 
single teacher cannot teach all the subjects
then,
how can I pass in all my subjects?
My mind is smaller than theirs

There is work,
there is personal problem,
there is family problem
So many people give lecture to me,
but I cannot manage. 
There is no one to care me. 

I am getting trouble. 
Some one had said,
student life is a gift but
I say it is only trouble. 
I was born intelligent
but education bounded me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment