Thursday, April 25, 2013

Meeting with guardians…

Today, I had school leave because of local Jatra at Chapagaun. So I did not have to go to school but as some of my students were playing music (Dhime Baja) at the jatra and as I am new to these jatras, they wanted me to come and see the Jatra. So, I went Chapagaun and met my students. They were all excited to see me there. They took me to their homes and I got the chance to meet their guardians and parents.
But I felt some difficulty to talk with them as I am not on to Newari language and most of the guardians only used newari language to communicate. The students helped me to understand the language. This made me very happy. I spent my day with them. We talked about the importance of Jatras, their family background, their motive of studying and so on. I was enjoying a lot.
While talking with the family members, I found out that some of the students were of low economic background and some were being raised by single parent and they felt ashamed of that and would not like to share the problems. Similarly some were facing the problem from their step parents as well. Though, today I did not go to school, my day was fruitful as I got to know more about my students beyond their classroom and I am hopeful that I will be able to take them where they deserve to be the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment