Monday, April 29, 2013

Reflecting the Week….

The day was going as usual…teaching and learning process was going on… Today Ashok, who is making our photo story, was along with us. He was all around us observing and making us reflecting our first week…how was our overall experience and so on. I have now started becoming busy on checking the answer sheets of students. The students have now started being close to me and started to express their feelings with me and I am happy some of them even shared their personal feelings and problems with me. But I am sad to find out that some of the teachers even from the co-operative school, who are considered to be more determined for children’s future are rude to them and are careless. One of the students came towards me and asked me,” Bhawana miss, how much are you taking salary to teach us from our school?” I was very surprised to hear that question and answered,”No, I am not taking any salary from your school.” Then the student smiled and said, “Yes, I knew that you were not taking salary from our school, the teacher lied us by telling that for you TFN fellow our school has to pay more salaries which is a burden that’s why we have increased the school fees.” This answer made me more surprised. After all why is this happening? I had never expected it to happen in Jyotidaya. This made me very sad. During these days I am engaging myself in rapport building and making my students engage in classroom activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment