Thursday, March 19, 2015

First day of SLC

I still remember the first day of comsing to Jyotidaya as a Fellow for my practice teaching and yes, it was grade eight; the energetic batch of Juni, Rockey, Sudip, Bishal, Manish and other twenty one e students. They were the first ones who had accepted me as a teacher and I had taken as my students. And today the time has flown by. Today is the first day of their SLC exam; the most awaited day of their life and the most awaited day of my life too. I didn't know how fast this two years went by. So many changes I happened to see in their life; the change in their educational level, their psychological level, their change of boyfriend and girl friend and many more. Not only their's, so many changes occurred in my life too And today when they were excited with their exams, I was nervous and still on bed till 6 am because of fever. I wanted to go downstairs and prepare tea for them just as I used to do during their hostel days. But I couldn't wake up. On my place, there was Seetu, so I shouldn't have to worry for long. After some time, I pulled up my strength and woke up and went downstairs. Everyone was too excited.But for the first time, I saw Juni crying being nervous about her exam. She wasn't nervous at any days.Then, why was she nervous today? Hadn't I taught well? She was confident a few minutes ago, now what happened? I didn't know the answer. But this made me nervous as well. 
Then, we started to console her. She was ready for the exam. We took group photograph and the students were sent off for the exam and those two hours 15 minutes, I was just waiting to see what kind of questions were asked? What were the students writing? How were they writing? Then after two hours Suave arrived school with a happy face and said that the questions were easy. This gave me an opportunity to have deep breath. But I was waiting for Juni. She didn't come at school. I called her and asked if she was ok. Her positive answer and her expected marks with a happy sound gave me happiness. I am not revealing the marks here but I would certainly remember it and if it would match, of course I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment