Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anish Spoke...........

Morning Assembly, 10 am, Anish (autistic child) of grade seven comes in front of the assembly, as today it was his turn according to the roll number to give speech, I was standing, besides me were some other teachers, one of the teacher gossiped, "he can't speak anything why is he coming?" I over heard it felt very sorry but was confident that he can do it because he was speaking in class nowadays. He was enjoying. Anish takes the mike in a very confident way, says, "Thank You surbir sir for the mike." This was the line I taught them when they had to say before giving speech. Then says "Today I am present here with speech,'The Importance of Education'. Then takes out one sheet of paper very confidently and starts to read the speech. Then says at the end "Thank You" with a smile. Then a big round of applause comes from the assembly. Vice-principal sir gives him a pencil for his speech with happiness and I, his teacher who was feeling like shouting with happiness, could not stop tears coming from my eyes....I really can not express how I felt at that moment......This was the beginning of my day today.....I was too happy. And my Anish was also too happy. He was laughing and smiling..I hugged him. I thought that I had achieved something.
 
Then, we had program with CNN Hero of the year 2012, Pushpa Basnet. She came to our school with Rafael and shared her childhood days, her struggle with her then, our students asked different questions to her. So overall day went good. 
After that we were together with Sonali, Isha, Sabal, Prabin dai, Kushal at TFN House with our LDM's Krishna dai and Amrit dai...We talked about our yearly objectives and lesson plans and then was back at home but was still thinking about the school and what I have to do for rest of my students to motivate them and especially for grade eight.. I am not finding a way for them...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment