Saturday, June 29, 2013

S.L.C. Fright...........

Though Saturday is a public holiday, we had called our grade nine and ten students for the psychosocial training. That's why we had to leave for our school on our regular schedule. We went and were just anxious whether our students will make it or not and were happy to find out that only two or three students did not make it. And the training was running smoothly. Students were participating enthusiastically but I had to leave on the half of the training because of my personal cause and while I was on the micro bus  a woman with her young son were sitting next to me. Then a boy may be of 16 entered into the bus. I found out from their conversation that he was his brother in law and had just graduated S.L.C and he was going to city for his new dress for college and she was giving the example of her brother in law to her son that he should just bring marks just like his uncle. Then the graduate hold the son and told that he is just at grade four and may be asking that how would S.L.C. be? and teasing him also saying that its S.L.C. exam is very frightening. So don't dream of it now? This made me remember my childhood when I would also have questions what would it be like and how to prepare for it? I would ask my elders about it and they would give the similar answer like that of the boy like in the micro bus today. But when I gave my S.L.C I found out that it was just like other exams. Yes, its important as by passing it only we can join for the colleges but the fact is that in other exams also we have to pass to go in other grades. So why we are making S.L.C. such a matter of fright for our children. As some of the good students also become frightened it and can't concentrate or write better in S.L.C. exam just because of this fright. So inequity is not only the cause for low percentage in S.L.C. but also the psychology is what I feel....

No comments:

Post a Comment