Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pardon me!!!!

Today I entered the class and asked what did they do on their surprise holiday as yesterday our school had been closed because of educational strike and they were answering but Grishma had some other thing to share. She raised her hand to speak and I allowed her..
Some weeks ago I had taught my students some of the polite words that should be used on English language, then I told them about the word 'pardon me!!'. I had told them that if they did not listen if some one has said then they have to use this and also suggested them to use it in their daily lives.......then last Friday, our school had a quiz competition and a teacher (quiz master) asked them, " Who first started Machhichndranath Jatra?", she did not hear it at first and asked to repeat the question again by saying, "pardon me sir!!". Then the quiz master replied, "Wrong Answer"...Then, she had this story to share with me.....I at first did not know what to say later then, I replied "Look you have grown so smart that you know the word that your quiz master did not know." So I don't know what to be in this moment whether to be happy that my student has started to follow what I have taught them inside the four walls of the classroom or to be sad that she has lost her points as the senior teacher did not understand her answer...So I am in a state of confusion...
But at the same time today I am happy that for the first time my grade eight students were participating so eagerly in a group activity..I had alphabets in a small sheets of paper and had given them a task to make different tenses using those letters and all were so busy in making that............Oh, it was so good to see them working...I love them.........

No comments:

Post a Comment