Sunday, July 7, 2013

Painful moment...........

Today what I felt was the most painful day as a TFN Fellow. Everything was just fine, we just went to the school with the same enthusiasm. Sanumaya greeted us with a 'chocofun chocolate, she was very happy as she got the first prize in last friday's poetry competition. Then Ashok G, arrived with his big bright smile to make our photo story. Then, we departed for our respective classes and my class was good. Everything was just going alright, then the second period started. I came out of the class, Seetu said me that Suman is crying. I was unknown why he was crying, then we came to know that even all the students of grade eight were crying. Suman had disclosed them that he is leaving the school. Every eyes were in tears. Then gradually the news passed on to all. All our students were crying. It was difficult to control them. Even I could not control my tears. Later on we controlled ourselves but it was impossible to control our students. They kept on asking option with us. Who is the alternative of Suman sir? Is new TFN Fellow coming to teach us?? Please ask some other TFN fellow to come and teach us if its important for Suaman sir to go. So many questions were striking us. It was really very difficult. I kept on thinking what to say them. How to motivate them now? What can I do? One of the students of grade nine came towards me crying and said, "please miss please bring other TFN fellow in the place of Suman sir. I have started reading and I want to pass my exam. I will do anything for it. I will obey each of your words." I did not reply her. I just embraced her and became silent. 


Replacement



She came crying

Telling me to help her flying

It’s very difficult

Really very difficult

To face this occult

It’s the crime

Done by time

Why it gives happy moments so precise?

And a long time to criticize

I wish I could study science

So that I could help you in this exercise

She wept, wept and is still weeping

Saying, please help me in my reading

I will do everything you say

I will read whether its night or day

But I could do nothing

I could just stay as a non-living being

She wept saying me to request her science teacher stay

But, I know it’s important for him to go far away

I could do nothing

I kept her embracing

Standing on a corner 
staring, staring and staring












2 comments:

  1. all those moments just played back...all over again..literally....all one by one in sequence. and loved the poem..

    ReplyDelete