Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Teacher-Student realation.............

As a TFN Fellow, I have completed three months at Jyotidaya Co-operative School and I can't say whether it was a successful three months or the unsuccessful one but what I can definitely say is that yes, I have been able to bring some changes in myself and even in my students life. I have changed myself in the sense that, I have to change some of my behaviors, some of my schedules, some of my ethics too sometimes. I used to be a very short tempered person which is  very disadvantageous for a teacher and even some people used to find me a freak in my behaviors, which I had to change completely and yes, of course, it was the most difficult task for me to be friendly as I have only few best friends in my list and friendliness is what I call is not my forte. But now after three months, students call me their most friendly teacher till yet with whom they can share their pain, happiness, problems, queries and many more. 
I thought this was what every teacher must have to possess. But till date its sad to find the teachers who frighten their students with stick in their hands. Today as usual we completed our school hours and reached at the bus station. We entered in a micro bus which was half packed with students of some other school. Seetu and I chose the last seat, I was at the side of the window of the micro bus and at that moment some of our students passed the micro bus waving their hand for bye. Then those students of the micro bus were so surprised that they talked with each other how could students talk with their teacher and even say good bye while leaving for home. Their conversation surprised me as this kinds of things were the regular behavior between us. Not only they wave their hands, they come and shake hands with us and even hug us. So this gave me some happiness with a proud feeling that thought I have not taught for many years but in these three months, I really have changed somethings that makes the teacher-student relation a distinct one than that of the traditional teaching system which is still prevalent in our society that students must not talk directly with their teachers and teachers should always make a threatening relationship with their students. This gave me a smile on my face and I returned home in  a very jolly mood.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment