Sunday, May 26, 2013

CHALLENGE..................

Today, every thing was all fine.....just fine as every thing went according to my plans. But the thing what I learned today is firmness and tolerance is very essential to be a teacher when there is the situation when we being angry does not work...As every thing failed in grade eight, being firm and giving challenges to them as a teacher worked. They just always used to make fun even when I give them any exercises or teach them and even so many motivational speech just went in vain. Today I had given them to write a paragraph about an animal which they find strange with some reasons and asked Dilip to read....He just read so fast in funny way that no body could understand. So I requested him to say slowly..So he again made a fun out of it and said...Slowly and started to read..." I...T..H...I...N....K...H...Y....N....A...I...S...............". My mind just went out of my anger but as I already knew that this is not going to work, I just requested him to come out of the place from where he is sitting and we shall go to grade three students and she how they are learning to read words in the same way and as he was in grade 8, he has to learn from them the ways.. Then he became so ashamed and then when I told him to read he read nicely the time and even the next time also. And now I know that as a teacher I always should be ready to challenge them as they like that............just as Peter said I am the instructor not them........and yes, I am learning it day by.......day........

No comments:

Post a Comment