Thursday, May 2, 2013

Walking towards Achievement………….

The day was going as usual….Lesson Plans, Students, Checking their home works, class works and so on…But we had only focused on to rapport building till now and we were afraid that it may hamper their study but this became a way to make them interested in their study… I talked with them about their aims, their interest, what are the problems they are facing even during their brakes and now they are totally frank with me. They just think me as their friends and share their problems with me and after knowing their aim and interest I linked the importance of studying English to reach their aim and I think some what they are convinced. I also came to know that they all don’t study any other books and articles or even the stories apart from their course books and the problem is course book??? They don’t even touch their course books. So I made a rule in the class that if they want me to be their friend and teach in the same way for rest of the days they have to read at least two books and articles written in English and find as difficult words as they can from those books and show it to me……
Oh, my God………this was the first time all the student were altogether in the school library and all were so busy choosing the books for them according to their interest. I was also surprised that those who used to say that they don’t like to study were also choosing books. I just can’t express how I am feeling but I am feeling so happy…seeing them taking books even the students of grade 10 came to take books. I am so happy to arouse in them the interest of reading and now I have to do a hard work to maintain this interest even for their lifelong…
Today, we also divided the whole school into four groups according to philosophy of Buddhism, for extra curricular activities and this is the first time in the history of Jyotidaya group division for extra curricular activities is done.
Then, in the evening, some of us fellows met at TFN house to bid Elizabeth good bye as she is leaving Nepal coming week and we enjoyed a lot  sharing our problems and even our achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment