Sunday, May 12, 2013

Good Start.....

On the second day of residential workshop of British Council, we learned about student leadership  more broadly, student council and social projects that they can do at their school. Every thing is going well and my students spoke today and I am so happy. They were just shy and not ready to speak till yesterday and today they spoke. What I found is that they know but they are afraid, they just need some motivation. Today teachers and students of same school were allowed to sit together and I don't know what happened to them they just felt confident that someone is just beside them helping and were raising their hand in every question they were asked and we were also asked to do the vision setting of our school and Juni and Suave were the first to complete that. Though they were not declared the first for presentation, they left a mark and made other schools remember their schools name which is also a good start. But today I realized that student's performance has great importance to a teacher because they were speaking for the first time in front of so many people and most of them from the reputed ranked schools who just speak so brilliantly and when they were doing their presentation, oh my god, my legs were shaking and this I have never felt in my life even if I was doing any presentation. And when they just finished and came I was so happy, that I can't express here........




Then, we were taken to a rehab center, where students were given opportunity to know about drug addiction and its effects then they were also given chance to talk to the people living in rehab center about their life and they were very excited about that.
At evening we did lots of fun activities like informative drams, poems, songs and dance...All the students were so amazing in their performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment