Saturday, May 11, 2013

Out of home again.......

Again, after six weeks residential training at TFN, now I am out of home for three nights residential training and this is not only for me but for my students.. Here I am at Hotel View Bhrikuti, Godawari. This time, I am here for leadership development of students of Jyotidaya as Himalayan Climate Initiative has a very good project for student's leadership i.e. Gennep where students can boost up their leadership quality. Two students of schools under British Council's program connecting school are in this program. I am here with Juni Deshar and Suave Shakya of grade 9 and these students will be trained for three days and will have to later make a student council at school themselves where they have to voice for their rights, help other students and as a whole, we can call that they are learning to be a leader. 

The training is very interesting. I am sharing a room with Sawana Joshi, a teacher from Dhangadhi and students are given different rooms so that they could interact with friends from other school. Other schools are the top private schools from all over the country and ours is only a co-operative school and every teacher has a question for me actually what type of school is it and how does it run ? Has it enough resources or not ? and many more...But the most interesting thing what I am finding is I am the youngest teacher of among the 20 teachers and a very funny thing happened that we were told to introduce as if we were introducing an unknown person in a fish market and a teacher of one reputed school of Kathmandu asked me :which grade do you study ? You look different. You have a very nice spectacle." and I told,"No, I am a teacher." She became very surprised and told me I don't look like a teacher. I am just thinking, what should I do to look like a teacher ?


But ya, students are learning with fun and what I feel is that this is the first time my students are participating and I see some nervousness in their faces but what the way they are participating is very appreciative. But they have lot more to do and yes, I am boosting up their confidence giving my 100 % but I have to do more I know that because as they were curious about Teach For Nepal and when I told about it, they even doubted us and some of them even said volunteer teachers just ruin the students. So, there's lot more to do to prove us.

And ya, not to forget we had an awesome dance party with lots of fun at the evening...............

No comments:

Post a Comment