Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trying to teach knowing their interest……..


As I move to the classes, the students always has a big smile to say no we don’t want to read….They just want to talk, play and do other extra activities but don’t want to learn grammar and structures. I just kept on thinking what shall I do??? Then I returned back to my school life when I also used to do the same. It did not mean that I would not like to study but the problem was that I would not like to listen the lectures of my teachers. So I thought to do something different for my students. So I thought of converting the first chapter of grade 6 in to a drama and recorded in my mobile phone with one of my friend’s help…Then I prepared some questions for them to answer…..Similarly during these weeks I had come to know that most of my students like to listen music… So I thought to teach them using their interest and chose an English song and on the basis of that song I made some questions of grammar….
I went to school, I did it first on grade six and I was so surprised that those students who used to talk all the time were so silent and I had seen it for the first time..I just could not believe my eyes…Then I made the students listen the song and all of them were very attentive and equally participative. Meanwhile, today Ashok was taking our photos of teaching and of our school for his story. So today I am happy but I am nervous what to do next always doing according to their interest is also not that fruitful……But I am hopeful that everything will be fine……….

No comments:

Post a Comment